Joshua Daneshforooz, Founder/CEO of Dine and Feed
Discover who’s who in the tech startup industry with Founders Network Founder Profiles. Each profile covers one of our founders, their startup vision, achievements and current focus. Gain key insights about their most valuable lessons learned, greatest mentors and tips for staying motivated.
Name: Joshua Daneshforooz
Location: Santa Ana, CA
- Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School
- BA, Philosophy from Westmont College
- Founder of All Nations Education, a nonprofit that empowers young adults through higher education and community service in developing countries.
- Teaching Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School. Josh taught community organizing, public narrative and leadership to executives and entrepreneurs across various sectors at Harvard and around the world.
- Founding partner, Cornerstone Leadership Development, a global leadership consultancy. Josh currently works with corporations, non-profits and government agencies to develop leadership at all levels of an institution.
Dine & Feed
We empower restaurants, food nonprofits and smartphone users to fight hunger together.
- Version 1.0 Finished
- Seed Capital Raised
- Building a Board of Advisors
- Recruiting Celebrity Sponsors
- Raising Series A
- Business can be a powerful force for alleviating poverty.
- Build and iterate.
- Fail fast and correct quickly.
- My primary responsibility as a founder and leader is to develop the leadership of others.
- My responsibility as a founder is to set the systems and structures in place so my team can flourish.
- Empathy is one of the most useful skills for building something the world will actually want to use.
- Leadership is about asking questions, listening and coaching.
Ancient Wisdom, Gayle Beebe, Michael Scott (from The Office), Children, Nature, Einstein, Jesus and Martin Luther King Jr.
Want to learn more about @dinefeed? Contact Josh @joshdforooz on twitter.