As a student of leadership and success, I’m a junkie for the stream of articles and business books that package up business research, observations, and insights into digestible bits. Somehow I had missed Sydney Finkelstein’s 2004 work on failure, and thought I’d share this review published in Forbes yesterday. This is a good read, here is the teaser describing the these habits of leaders:
- Habit # 1: They see themselves and their companies as dominating their environment;
- Habit #2: They identify so completely with the company that there is no clear boundary between their personal interests and their corporation’s interests;
- Habit #3: They think they have all the answers;
- Habit #4: They ruthlessly eliminate anyone who isn’t completely behind them;
- Habit #5: They are consummate spokespersons, obsessed with the company image;
- Habit #6: They underestimate obstacles;
- Habit #7: They stubbornly rely on what worked for them in the past.
Hope you get as much value out of this as I did today!
Repeat entrepreneur with a penchant for monetizing and managing energy telemetry data, analytics, and business Intelligence. My customers are utilities, integration partners, and small to medium businesses in energy intensive industries.