Check out Founders Network members making headlines in this week’s member news roundup. Founders Network offers peer mentorship for over 300 tech startup founders. To learn more about FN, please visit www.foundersnetwork.com.
1. Nitin Pachisia announces the launch of Try-Before-You-Buy, online shopping for beauty and baby products. With Trymbl, consumers enjoy a personalized experience with relevant product information aggregated for them, can try free samples on-demand, buy what they like, at the best price, and socially engage with co-shoppers
2. Congratulations to Steven Dash of joinStampede on being featured in CBS Los Angeles for utilizing social media to tackle student debt crisis. joinStampede is the world’s first campaign to unite people with student debt.
3. Josh Kalven announces that Newsbound was named to the GOOD 100 by GOOD Magazine! Newsbound chews up and partially digests complicated news stories and, like a mother bird feeding her young, regurgitates them in a smooth, nutritious format.
4. Congratulations to Michael Castellano of Engajer for integrating with LinkedIn. The Engajer platform allows pieces of video content to be embedded into a website or sent via email to prospects or linked within banner ads.
5. Allen Tsai announces that Ekata Systems, Inc. was elected as a winner at TiECon’s TiE50 start-up competition. Ekata Systems, Inc. is a “Dynamic Peer-to-Peer” (DP2P) platform that leverages the WiFi radio as a “radar” to discover and connect with peers in proximity.
6. Congratulations to Abel Cuskelly of Pogoseat for being one of 12 startups that is presenting at Angel Pad’s demo day. Pogoseat is an an enterprise seat upgrade solution that allows ticketholders to upgrade their seat while they are attending an event.
7. Eneko Knorr announces that Ludei has pulled in more than 5,000 developers to create games on its HTML5 game engine. Ludei enables developers to create, test and distribute HTML5 titles across mobile and web platforms such as iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox and Tizen.
8. Congratulations to Bryan Wargo for Nearbuy Systems being one of the 2013 TiE50 Winners. Nearbuy Systems provides a SaaS platform that enables brick-and-mortar retailers to capitalize on the intersection of the mobile internet and the physical store.
9. Congratulations to Richard White of Uservoice for making Netmagazine’s top 10 realtime web apps. Uservoice creates simple customer engagement tools that help companies understand and interact with their customers more positively and build customer relationships that last.
If you are interested in learning more about our approval process, please click here.
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $1M in startup discounts and mentorship from 50+ Institutional Investors. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.