payday loan onlinepng” alt=”Founders Network October ’12 Cohort of Tech Startup Founders” width=”596″ height=”593″ />
We are proud to introduce our October ’12 Cohort of Tech Startup Founders. Pictured from top left they are:
- Todd Beauchamp, Founder/President of engage, based in San Jose, CA. Engage empowers people around the world to truly enjoy digital media entertainment through new design and technology that is not intimidating. Prior experience includes Acoustic Lab Managerat Apple, Sr. Acoustic Systems Engineer at American Technology Corporation, and Acoustical Engineer at Carver Corporation.
- Daniel Carpenter, Founder/CEO of TextaPet, based in Santa Cruz, CA. TextaPet is a fun, easy photo-sharing app for animal lovers. Prior experience includes eStore Manager & Internet Strategistat Beverly Fabrics, Inc., Internet Strategy & SEO Consultantat Living on the Edge, and Project Manager & Co-Founder at Dealzinger.com. Daniel holds BS in Business Administration from Seattle Pacific University.
- Hector Correa, Founding Partner of Barasa Environmental Technology, based in Wheaton, Il. Barasa Environmental Technology is focused on the research and development of green, water retention materials. Prior experience includes Co-Founderof Rewards.to, COOat Orinoco Systems de Mexico, and Technical Manager at Electronic Knowledge Interchange. Hector holds a MS in Computer Science from New York State University.
- Jason Egkan, President of Grease Kings Inc, based in Los Angeles, CA. Grease Kings Inc. provides the highest quality service in Los Angeles for Grease Collection, Grease Trap Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Commercial Plumbing and Hydro-Jetting. Jason studied entrepreneurship at San Francisco State University.
- Ipsheeta Furtado, Co-founder of FTW Group, based in Oakland, CA. FTW Group specializes in full stack web design and development for mobile and cloud applications. Prior experience includes Operations Specialist at Island Trading, LLC and MEMS R&D Process Development Intern at FormFactor. Ipsheeta holds a BS in Engineering Physics from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Zach Goren, Co-Founder/CEO of Mind Your Health LLC, based in Beverly Hills, CA. Mind Your Health is a performance beverage company that uses time-tested ingredients and an innovative mobile application to make brains healthier, smarter and better. Prior experience includes Senior Policy Analyst for Austin Beutner, Mayor of Los Angeles, Associateat Ares Management, and Analyst at Goldman Sachs. Zach hols a BA in Business Economics from UCLA.
- Nick Gottlieb, Founder/CEO of PrizeReel, based in San Francisco, CA. PrizeReel is a mobile video-contest and engagement platform. Prior experience includes Co-Founder of Haiku Brew, Product Manager at Floor22, and Founder of Kuppon.jp. Nick holds a BA in East Asian Studies, and Sociology/Anthropology from Lewis and Clark College.
- Valerie Grison, Founder/CEO of StoraLab, based in San Francisco, CA. StoraLab creates exciting, engaging online and mobile experiences for kids age 7–15. Prior experience includes CFO at Gyro, CFO at Others, and Founder/CEO of Tipitina Films. Valerie studied Physics at the University of Paris, Jussieu.
- James Gutierrez, Co-founder of Snapshot, based in Cambridge, MA. Snapshot provides customers a platform to capture, store, and share their lives online. Prior experience includes Director of Operations at Verge Venture Capital, Co-Founder of Cornerstone Leadership Consulting, and participation as a Fulbright Scholar. James is completing graduate degrees in Business and Public Policy from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University.
- Marc Hoag, Founder/CEO of Venturocket, based in San Francisco, CA. Venturocket is a job/talent marketplace that pushes job seekers to the most relevant jobs for their particular skills without resumes, job applications, or cover letters. Prior experience includes Sole Proprietor of Hoag Legal Solutions, Summer Associate at Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP, and Legal Intern at Sheppard Rosen Law Firm. Marc holds J.D. from Thomas Jefferson School of Law and a B.A. in Economics from UCLA.
- Noah Jacobson, CEO of AssistMeLive, based in San Jose, CA. AssistMeLive is the first web and mobile platform that connects people to live remote assistants. Prior experience includes VP ofCorporate Developmentat Taponix, Inc., Early Stage Consultantat Strategic Initiatives, and Executive Consultant at The Nielsen Company. Noah holds a JD from California Western School of Law and a BA in Political Economics from university of the Pacific.
- Justin Lin, Founder/CEO of Envoy, based in San Francisco, CA. Envoy provides weekly local shopping through your smartphone. Prior experience includes Chairmanat Outbound Light Group, VP of Products and Co-Founderat Mamapedia, and Co-Founder/CEO at TeamSphere Interactive Inc. Justin holds a BA in Computer Science from Harvard University.
- Nitin Pachisia, Co-founder of Trymbl, based in San Jose, CA. Trymbl is a free, easy and funway to discover, try and buy personal care, beauty and baby care products. Prior experience includes VP-Finance, Controllerat Kno, Inc., Managerat Deloitte & Touche LLP, and Group Internal Auditor at ABB Limited. Nitin holds a BA in Finance, Commerce and Accounting from Delhi University.
- Danny Seo, Co-Founder/CFO of Violet Workshop Inc., based in Los Angeles, CA. Violet Workshop Inc. is a hub of experienced industry professionals, providing digital and environmental solutions to high end customer interactions and seemlessly integrated brad identities. Prior experience includes VP Institutional Equity Salesat Sanford C. Bernstein, Associateat ING Clarion Partners, and Production Partner to the CEO at George Elkins Mortgage Banking. Danny holds a MBA from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and a BS in Finance from Boston College.
- Ioannis Verdelis, Founder/COO of Syntellia, based in San Francisco, CA. Syntellia’s first technology is Fleksy, a revolutionary keyboard technology for touch-screens that is so powerful you can type without looking. Prior experience includes Operations Director at Best International Limited, Senior Consultantat Best Group Limited, and Program Manager at Select Property. Ioannis holds a MS in Information Systems, and Organizations/Management from The University of Manchester.
- Jonathan Wu, CEO of TouchOfModern, based in San Francisco, CA. TouchOfModern is building a new lifestyle brand for urban professionals that love modern design. Prior experience includes Director of Contentat RAVN, Business Developmentat Skyara, and Consultant at Oliver Wyman. Jonathan studied Management, Finance, Legal Studies & Business Ethics at the University of Pennsylvania.
With the addition of the October Cohort, Founders Network is now more than 215 members strong! We are excited about the deep and diverse experience sets and perspectives each new member brings to our peer mentorship community of tech startup founders. Together we are taking management and personal risk off the table and ensuring mutual success. Stay tuned to the fnBlog for startup updates, tips and lessons learned from each of our new members.