We are proud to introduce our August ’12 Cohort of Tech Startup Founders. Pictured from left they are:
- Andrew Citores, founder/CEO of JusCollege based in Menlo Park, CA connecting students with smart deals and services from local and national businesses. Prior experience includes President of Andrew Citores Productions, co-founder/CEO of LA Hopper. Andrew holds an Entrepreneur-ials degree from Loyola Marymount University.
- Barbara Tien, founder/CEO of Ponga based in San Francisco, CA captures your ideas and share them in the pictures you take. Prior experience includes Director, Engineering Ops at Zhone Technologies, Director of Product Management at Netopia and Farallon (Was Farallon Computing). Barbara holds B.A, M.A, East Asian Studies from Stanford.
- Cheryl Yeoh, co-founder/CEO of Reclip.It based in San Francisco, CA a community for coupon and deal lovers. Prior experience includes Mentor at The Founder Institute, Mentor, Advisory Board at Lean Startup Machine, Co-Founder/CEO at CityPockets. Cheryl holds a M.Eng, Engineering Management from Cornell University.
- Christopher Klundt, co-founder/President of StudyBlue based in Madison, Wisconsin Area. StudyBlue helps students learn better. Prior experience includes Securities Analyst at Wallman Investment Counsel. Christopher holds a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- David Andujo, founder of Rewards.to based in the Chihuahua Area, Mexico helps companies save time and money by crowdsourcing their sell and hiring forces to an army of social network users. Prior experience includes Innovation and Entrepreneurship External Advisor at ITESM Northern Region, President & Board of Directors at Association of IT Professionals at COPI, Co-Founder & Innovation and Research Leader at Chihuahua IT Cluster, Co-Founder of Incomex. David holds a BS, Management, Information Technology from Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
- David Cheng, Co-Founder/CEO of VendorStack based in San Francisco, CA is like a Yelp for B2B, VendorStack gives enterprise consumers a platform to compare vendors. Prior experience includes Vice Chair, Advisory Board at International Rescue Committee, Advocate & Member at Environmental Entrepreneurs (e2), Director, Research and Advisory at Cleantech Group. David holds a BS, Business Administration from UC Berkeley.
- Josh Daneshforooz, founder of Dine & Feed based in Santa Ana, CA a for-profit mobile application that enables the world to fight hunger together. Prior experience includes teaching leadership trainings and workshops in the US and internationally, founder of All Nations Education, author of a Muslim-Christian dialogue curriculum that is used in community-wide campaigns. Josh holds a MTS, Comparative Theology from Harvard University.
- Kyle Schei, founder of comr.se based in Newport Beach, CA uses social data to convert brand conversations into product demand and increased sales effectiveness across a multitude of environments. Prior experience includes Board Member of Breakthrough Partners, Operations at Mada Design and Agency Director at Arc Media. Kyle holds a BA. in Business Administration, Emphasis in Finance from Western Washington University.
- Mark Ghermezian, founder of Appboy based in New York, NY. A customer relationship management platform for mobile developers and marketers. Prior experience includes Partner at T5 Capital, VP of Triple Five, Founder/CEO of XE Mobile, Founder/CEO of Flush Media Inc. Mark attended Yeshiva University.
- Matt Howard, co-founder/CEO of U Connect based in Madison, Wisconsin Area. U Connect gives restaurants the tools to establish an online ordering presence. Prior experience includes Building Manager at University of Wisconsin-Madison, Sales Associate at Scheels. Matt holds a BS, Economics, Political Science from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Matt Tagg, founder of stealth startup based in Palo Alto, CA. Prior experience includes Founder of Newco Cognitive, Founder/Strategic Director at Web Africa, Co-founder of Teraco Data Environments. Matt holds a BSc, Computer Science from University of Cape Town & a degree in FutureMed from Singularity University.
- Monty Mitra, co-founder/Head of product of SportsLabbased in San Francisco, CA an exciting new way for football teams to be able to create, manage and collaborate on plays with their teams. Prior experience includes Founder & Chief Maverick Officer at Brown Jacket, LLC, Senior Product Manager at Engine Yard, Sr Systems Engineer at Raytheon. Monty holds a MBA from UC Berkeley – Walter A. Haas School of Business.
- Robert Banagale, Founder/CEO of stealth startup Gliph, Inc. based in Portland, OR reinventing messaging to make it private and reliable. Prior experience includes Director of Strategic Consulting and Innovation at Ubermind, co-founder/CEO at Neutrinos, LLC, Founder of Weekly Davespeak. Robert holds a MBA, Entrepreneurship, Marketing from Babson College – Franklin W. Olin Graduate School of Business.
- Ryan Desmond, founder/CEO at Gnarwal Inc. based in San Francisco, CA. Prior experience includes Software Engineer at Locus Energy & CSRware, Inc., Contract Software Developer at Computer Dimensions. Ryan holds a B.S., Computer Science from Southern Oregon University.
- Pietro Ferraris, co-founder/CEO of map2app based in San Francisco, CA.Map2app is the easiest solution to build and publish native apps for iPhone, Android and J2ME. Prior experience includes CEO at Econoetica srl, Product Manager at LeGrande S.p.A. Pietro holds a MA. in Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication from Università degli Studi di Pavia.
- Polina Selyutin, founder of stealth startup based in San Francisco, CA. Prior experience includes Operations Manager, Customer Advocacy at Walmart.com, Senior Consultant at Trianz and Senior Analyst at UCSF. Polina holds a BS, Business Administration, Corporate Finance from San Francisco State University, College of Business & a degree in Sustainable Management, Executive Program from Presidio School of Management.
- Spencer Hsu, Head of BD/Investor relations at Drinkpass based in LA, CA. Drink Pass lets you order drinks at a bar or club from your smart phone, while connecting you with friends during your night out. Prior experience includes years of b2b sales in the enterprise space. Spencer is currently pursuing his MBA at Santa Clara University.
- Tomi Alapaattikoski, founder of Belon.gs based in Finland the next generation lost & found service for Web and Mobile – for people and businesses all around the world. Prior experience includes founder of Anders Inno Games, Founder and Member of Board at Anders Solutions Oy, founder/CEO of Anders Anno. Tomi holds a eMBA from Turun kauppakorkeakoulu.
With the addition of the August Cohort, Founders Network is now more than 185 members strong! We are excited about the deep and diverse experience sets and perspectives each new member brings to our peer mentorship community of tech startup founders. Together we are taking management and personal risk off the table and ensuring mutual success. Stay tuned to the fnBlog for startup updates, tips and lessons learned from each of our new members. Founders Network To learn more about Founders Network click here.
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $1M in startup discounts and mentorship from 50+ Institutional Investors. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.