- This event has passed.
May 27 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm BSTFree
“We’re Open For Business!”
Founders Network is invite only. If you are a full time tech founder interested in membership, you are welcome to join one event as a guest. Please RSVP below. Once we verify your qualifications, we will confirm your registration and provide login credentials. If you’ve already attended your trial event, please request an invite for membership.
Get the help that you need NOW. RSVP today and join other fnFounders for mentorship and deep discussions on relevant topics as you scale your business. Ask other founders who have been there, done that, and help share your expertise to help them.
1. Insight session from Head of Talent (TBC) on managing/recruiting talent in the current climate
2. Breakout group discussions
Longer term staffing decisions to put businesses in good place to continue to flourish
– Impact on other staff – motivation, increased workload, psychological effects
– Picking up available talent / filtering out
– working environment / space: back to physical / continued working from home
Overcoming challenges in returning to, and working in, a physical environment
– medical, health and wellbeing
– overcoming challenges presented by a confined environment
– gaining employee trust and confidence in the steps the business is taking
– annual leave and other options available to ease a return
3. Insight session from Michelle, Employment Law Partner at Dentons
– High level summary of the latest guidance as we move from furlough to the revival stage – reopening of workplaces on a staged basis, desire to return some employees from furlough and how to go about this, longer term considerations and effecting change to meet changing business needs (redundancies, short time working or layoffs after the furlough scheme, other changes to terms and conditions, overtime, dismissals of temporary staff or short serving employees).
– A focus on tips to maintain employee motivation when they have spent a prolonged period working from home
Joseph is a partner in the Corporate practice in London. He has a broad experience of M&A and corporate finance in the UK and cross-border. Using an established network of corporate finance advisers and investors, Joseph helps clients capitalize on evolving trends in the marketplace – whether by raising finance, acquiring or selling targets or teaming with the right strategic partner.
Providing his advice in a pragmatic and collaborative manner, he regularly advises investors in innovative and high-growth companies in all sectors, and is recognised by Legal 500 as being “a key name for founder-led and management-owned businesses throughout their growth cycle to IPO or exit.”
Joe has worked extensively with companies and entrepreneurs across the digital technology and media sectors at all stages of the development cycle, both in the UK and cross-border. By raising finance, teaming with the right strategic partner, overseas expansion or acquiring the right target, I’ve helped new entrants capitalise on an evolving trend with a disruptive business model and large corporations take traditional media into the digital age.
Michelle is a senior associate in the Employment team. She advises public and private employers on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law, but specializes in TUPE, change programs, employment aspects of corporate transactions and discrimination complaints. Michelle regularly procures advice from other jurisdictions to support Dentons’ multinational client base.
Michelle’s non contentious experience includes advising on large scale redundancy and restructuring exercises, dealing with day to day employment law issues including grievance, sickness absence, reward, disciplinary and performance/ capability issues. She is experienced in advising on collective negotiations. I advise on the employment aspects of corporate transactions and outsourcing arrangements. Her contentious employment experience includes defending complex employment tribunal claims for unfair and wrongful dismissal, failure to inform and consult under TUPE, whistleblowing and discrimination.
Head of Talent – TBC
All information shared within Founders Network is strictly confidential. We are built on a foundation of trust, and the community takes confidentiality seriously. Investors, members, and staff all share experiences and opinions off the record. In this roundtable forum, we continue to model our fnValues of Reciprocity, Humility, Authenticity and Inclusivity.