Are you the founder of a tech startup? Join Founders Network for one of our intimate roundtable discussions featuring Roger Obando, Co-Founder and CTO of Baker Technologies. These intensive sessions are founder-only, and serve as a space to share real issues and challenges with your peers. Each session begins with a keynote discussion to set the tone, followed by a moderated roundtable discussion.
About Roger Obando:
Founded in 2014, Baker has grown into a leading CRM software provider, raised $11.5M through a Series A, and recently entered into a four-way merger to form Tilt Holdings, a vertically-integrated technology and infrastructure platform. Tilt is planning a public offering in Canada and projecting a market capitalization of $500 million.
Prior to founding Baker, Roger worked in technology development for Sapient, then started a consulting firm that worked domestically and internationally with JP Morgan, Citibank, Honda, BMW, Fox, NBC and others. He went on to join two startups as CTO and Director of Engineering, and co-founded Kamino Labs (raised $500K seed) before finding success with Baker.
What Will Be Covered:
Roger will share key lessons learned on his winding journey as a Co-Founder and CTO, and engage in a no holds barred conversation guided by the interests of participants. Topics will include:
– Critical lessons in selecting the right co-founders and making relationships work (and what happens when you don’t)
– Essential things to know as a Founder or CTO at different stages of a company’s growth
– Ways to learn what your customers actually need and will pay for
– Personal discoveries about leadership, “soft skills” and developing a strong company culture
– The inner game of mastering ego and letting others take the lead
– Evaluating when to cut your losses rather than try to make things work or pivot
– 5:30pm-5:50pm || Settle in, light appetizers, socialize
– 5:50pm-6:00pm || Welcome by LA Chair
– 6:00pm-6:15pm || Introductions
– 6:15pm-6:45pm || Keynote
– 6:45pm-7:15pm || Q&A
– 7:15pm-7:30pm || Asks & Gives
* Light snacks will be provided
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $1M in startup discounts and mentorship from 50+ Institutional Investors. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.