We are proud to introduce our April ’12 Cohort of Tech Startup Founders. Pictured from left they are:
- Blazej Marciniak, co-founder/CEO of eMBT Limited based in Krakow, Malopolska, Poland created Gateless VPN technology software that does not require a server/gateway. It is the worldwide first P2P powered VPN: GatelessVPN. Prior experience launched B2C service: PrivacyProtector.eu, founder/owner of Certus Consulting, AGH Academy in Krakow.
- Jelle van Geuns, founder/CEO of Decisions on Demand based in Mountain View, CA helps companies automate their operational business decisions from within SaaS platforms like Salesforce. Prior experience includes being an owner/advisor of Symbyoz, Inc, Practice Manger of ILOG Industry Solutions Services at IBM,MS in Computer Science from Delft University in the Netherlands. Grew up in Holland and moved to San Francisco in 1999.
- Cang Quach, co-founder/COO of Magmazines.com based in San Francisco, CA, offers a free and easy way to instantly publish to the iPad, Kindle Fire and Android tablets through our web based publishing platform. Previously founded the venture Emiscape to commercialize a one-way transparent display technology, with 5 utility patents. Also served as an equity analyst at Dodge & Cox Investment Managers and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder, MBA from Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley.
- Kurt Collins, founder/CEO of Enole based in San Francisco, CA is creating the solution that integrates mobile identity in to real-world applications through individual identity authentication. Previously involved with WGamer (sold to CNET) and Photobucket (sold to Fox Interactive Media), Vice President, Business Development at UStrive2, Director of Business Development at Clearspring Technologies, and Manager of Business Development at Photobucket.
- Alex Bagden, founder/CEO of Rooster Grin Media, uses social media to facilitate better communication between businesses and their customers. Alex is also the co-founder/CFO Henge Docks based in San Francisco, CA, which makes docking stations for Apple computers through Henge Docks. Previously worked for glendonTODD Capital, taught at Thomas Jefferson High School and SMU COX, MBA from SMU COX, UVA Masters in Education and BS in Physics.
- Adam Spector, co-founder/CEO Yasah based in San Francisco is a stealth mode startup in the reputation space. Prior experience includes co-founding the 501c3 non-profit organization Coral Restoration Foundation and Senior Business Development Manager & Channel Sales at Symantec. Attended Vanderbilt University, University of Miami – School of Business, and University of Miami School of Law.
- Vishaal Melwani, co-founder/Creative Director of Combatant Gentlemen (CombatGent for short) based in Irvine, CA offers the modern man on a budget corporate essentials with superior quality. Prior experience President of Melwanis MFG, BA from the University of California Irvine in International Business and Management.
- Charles Armstrong, founder/CEO of TourWrist based in San Francisco, CA is the location–sharing and marketing platform that changes the way people capture, post, store, search for, view and share locations. Before TourWrist, co-founded SPARK, an ad agency in Florida, BFA in Graphic Design from the Maryland Institute College of Art.
- Marek Ciesla, co-founder/Board Member for eMBT Limited based in the Krakow Area in Poland.
- Matt Knox, co-founder/CEO of DiggersList.com based in Manhattan Beach, CA, is developing a home improvement classifieds site enabling purchase and sale of home decor. Previously started (and sold) Knox Insured, a boutique insurance agency focused mainly on homebuilders.
With the addition of the April Cohort, Founders Network is now 132 members strong! We are excited about the rich and diverse experience sets and perspectives each new member brings to our peer mentorship community of tech startup founders. Together we are taking management and personal risk off the table and ensuring mutual success. Stay tuned to the fnBlog for startup updates, tips and lessons learned from each of our new members.
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $1M in startup discounts and mentorship from 50+ Institutional Investors. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.